Health & Aged Care
Karratha Health Campus
|Building/Project:||Karratha Health Campus|
|Address:||Cnr Balmoral & Warambie Roads
|Mech. Consultant:||Wood & Grieve Engineers|
|Build Period:||Mid 2015 - May 2018|
In summary, the mechanical services works comprise the following:
Envar Engineers & Contractors scope of works includes provision of remote central energy plant complete with:
- Chilled water system complete with four (4) off air cooled nominal 840kW Trane R134A chillers delivering 7°C chilled water, four (4) off pumps located in the CEP. Water reticulated by a combination of steel and copper pipework including strainers, expansion, valves etc.
- Heating water system complete with two (2) off Bosch 480 kW dual fuel (LPG & Diesel) boilers delivering 80°C heating water and two (2) off pumps located in the CEP. Water reticulated by a combination of steel and copper pipework including strainers, expansion, valves etc.
- Three (3) off DX refrigerant wall splits unit serving the LV switch room in the CEP.
- Provision of chilled and heating water copper reticulation system aluminium cladded up.
- Air distribution system complete with thirty-three (33) off GJ Walker Air Handling Units and three (3) off GJ Walker outside processing units located in plantrooms and two-hundred & eighteen (218) Variable Air Boxes located in ceiling space. Systems complete with insulated ductwork, dampers, attenuators, flexible duct terminating with cushion head boxes and grilles.
- Twelve (12) off chilled water fan coil units serving FCR, DAS and electrical switch rooms complete with ductwork and grilles
- Five (5) Computer Room AC units (CRAC) to CCR and UPS room. Three (3) off chilled water and two (2) off DX refrigerant units.
- Provision of air-conditioning and ventilation systems to service three (3) off Operating Theatres complete with airpure focus 7 & 2000 Laminar flow Operating Theatre Hoods.
- Three (3) off cool room and one (1) off freezer room in kitchen complete with refrigeration units and controls.
- Three (3) off isolation rooms complete with Flanders containment units in Plantroom 2.1 serving the three (3) off isolation rooms
- Ninety-two (92) off ventilation fans complete with insulated ductwork, dampers, flexible duct, cushion heads and grilles
- Six (6) off air curtains in kitchen above cool room and external doors
- Three (3) off Atherton sterilisers located in the CSSD area
- Two (2) off Atherton clinical washers and pass through located in the CSSD area
- Separate heat reclaim run around coils in plantrooms 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 to service pre-cooling of air on to outside air processing systems complete with pump, pipework, valves and coils.
- Pneumatic Air tube system supplied and install by Benchmark Systems complete with 7 stations on the floors and main plant in plantroom 1.3.
- Complete Medical Gas system supplied and installed by BOC complete with outlets, alarm panels, store room on ground floor and main plant in plantroom 1.2 and 1.3 and 7 pendants in operating theatres and ED dept.
- Three (3) off operating hoods and 12 HEPA modules serving the clinical area
- Seven (7) off electrical switchboards to power and control the mechanical plant, complete with cable trays and cable routes.
- Complete SBMS (building management and control system) to control all mechanical plant and interface with other services.
Hollywood Private Hospital
|Building/Project:||Hollywood Private Hospital|
|Address:||Monash Ave, Nedlands WA 6009|
|Builder:||Cooper & Oxley|
|Architect:||Silver Thomas Hanley|
|Mech. Consultant:||Wood & Grieve|
|Build Period:||2015 to 2016|
Central plant, including:
- Air cooled chillers.
- Natural gas-fired hot water boilers.
- Air Handling Units (AHU’s) serve wards and kitchen areas.
Dedicated AHU’s, inclusive of HEPA filtration exhaust systems, to operating theatres.
Dedicated AHU’s to isolation rooms, including 100% fresh air exhaust systems.
Chilled water fan coil units serving common areas.
Ventilation systems including toilet exhaust and kitchen exhausts. The kitchen exhaust is a complete ventilated ceiling kitchen exhaust and make-up system. The system includes exhaust fan, single zone heating and cooling make-up air handling system, insulation, controls, grease collecting ceiling cassettes, integrated lighting and volume control dampers.
Multiple cool and freezer room builds.
Medical gas and compressed air systems.
Pneumatic air tube (message delivery) system.
Fully integrated Building Management System (BMS).